Senior Embedded Engineer
Netherlands, Utrecht, Utrecht€3,400 - €4,400 per monthResearch & Development (R&D)
Our unique values are at the heart of everything we do, and how we do it. They shape our culture, influence who we are, and even, who we hire. They represent what we stand for and will continue to as we grow.
I have worked for a long time in the Production department of 3devo. I started back when we were still located on the third floor of an office building and my colleagues kept asking me what certain tools were and it was funny for them because I often didn’t know, I had basically no practical experience. But besides the jokes they taught me a lot and helped me grow, and now I am part of the R&D team.
An R&D-team which has taken on a massive project. Really ambitious and almost scary at first. I had various talks with my team, and we all had the feeling that it is scary but still we had the urge to take on this challenge. Now we are 8 months in and confidence is still increasing by the day.
We are taking on this challenge because we will have an enormous impact in the world and this is driving us every day. Part of the confidence is the teamwork. This is our highest priority. Every individual develops so this person can contribute more to the team and therefore the output.
We are a team with multiple disciplines, different perspectives but with the same goal. And that is also how we approach our project. Because only by putting the right people together we will succeed.
I notice that I am getting of track, but I am trying to put into words how important teamwork is for me and how enthusiastic I am about the project which I think I sort of succeeded in.
It is also advised to me to write the core values in this vacancy, implicit or explicit. Because yes, culture does eat strategy for breakfast. But I struggle writing an appealing and not marketing-like text. Although I do really believe in them. We do have people with courage because we take on risky projects. And we do need a certain degree of openness, only then we can have a proper discussion and will we get the most out of each other. I get the most energy out of open conversations. Also each and everyone in the company is devoted. They believe in our purpose and love working with each other and on the project. And the impact one is probably the most important one for R&D. We continuously have to ask ourselves: where do I/we put effort in to make the biggest impact on the product development, project, company goals and our bigger purpose.
To finish it off I can put a generic text here of what you will do as a Senior Embedded Engineer. But it comes down to that we do on-hands development which means that our team basically always works right next to the prototype and is constantly adjusting it and you will be our expert in Embedded Systems.
And furthermore I would just like to show you what we doing here in house. So if you are interested, apply and let’s see if we are a match.
You recognize yourself in the following
- You love optimizing code BUT know when to avoid premature or over optimization
- You are somewhat familiar with the process of building something from scratch
- You have a knack for problem solving. Solution-oriented is the way to go!
- Proficiency in English, both writing and speaking
- You have a willingness to learn and constantly develop yourself
- 3-8 years relevant working experience
This is what you’re looking for in a job
- Innovative company with a growing positive impact!
- Place to grow and develop yourself through LinkedIn Learning and training courses.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. Surprise us with your refreshing insights!
- From day 1, have all the space and confidence to take a lot of responsibility.
- Amazing playful workplace with everyday fresh fruits, nuts, snacks, and drinks, and weekly Thirsty Thursdays!
- A flat organization in the broadest sense. You can easily have a drink with the CEO.
- Legendary annual team weekend, quarterly fun theme events.
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back ;)
- Travel allowance and pension plan
- Salary range of €3400 to €4800
Like what you see? You can join us! Our simple hiring process:
- Apply! Go for it.
- 15-minute speed conversation
- On-site interview